Food Grade Warehousing and Sanitation
Headquartered in western Pennsylvania, Wavepoint manages nearly 2 million sq. ft. of heated, secure food-grade warehousing across 11 facilities. Customers know us for our expertise in handling processed food and food materials in support of major consumer brands. We maintain strategic regional relationships, assuring our customers of fluid access to additional Class A racked space as required, and we are committed to extending our facility network outside our current footprint.
Others may talk of "strategic warehouse/carrier relations," but because Wavepoint can control inbound and outbound with its own truck fleet, storage and distribution services can be tailored to the exact needs of our clients. We strive to provide the highest service level through this seamless fluid pipeline, from processing and warehousing, to transportation and distribution.
Wavepoint warehousing services help you meet the growing demand for Omnichannel fulfillment services, ranging from full and partial pallet retail orders to delivery of special sized products, to complex, pick intensive e-commerce.
Our technology is geared toward accurately managing lot rotation requirements, case/unit pick, RF inventory management and data collection, special handling/labeling and the unique order handling associated with the growing number of DTC businesses within the marketplace.
- SKU intensive and time-sensitive pick, pack and parcel
- Special kitting, assembly and labeling
- Retail promotional display packs
- Amazon and other dropship programs
- Return logistics
- International orders
- B2B and DTC order fulfillment
- Final mile delivery
Vendor Managed Inventory
Create customer value with Wavepoint warehousing for production supply. Traditional supply chains often rely on continuous LTL shipments, arriving at the manufacturer’s dock just in time. Wavepoint Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), however, can reduce costs by synchronizing the flow of inbound raw material and components as forward inventory for downstream manufacturing. Compared to traditional replenishment processes, VMI offers significant benefits:
- Lower overall costs in a total cost perspective: transportation, warehousing, administration, and production downtime
- Eliminate damage/accuracy claims from multiple handling and cross docking
- Benchmark performance against higher standards
- Optimal utilization of space at manufacturing facilities by converting storage space to manufacturing operations
- Flexibility in production times known materials are readily available